- For the first time ever he is pink, like a normal kid. No more blue fingers, toes, lips, etc...
- Also first ever, his hands and feet have a normal temperature.
- He has 20 "items" on him or in him. Some will start to come out/off tonight but I'll keep a running count for you, cause that's what I do.
- There are 12 sources of liquids permanently "plumbed" to his body through a couple manifolds (it's interesting how much of what they are doing for him right now crosses over with my profession as a pipeline engineer). He has another 3+ ports for temporary injections.
- He vitals and stats are excellent and he the perfect little patient.
People have said to us that it must be hard to endure this and see your baby in such a state. In a way, yes. But really, where else would I want to be? I'm sitting by my child's side, the child that I hand-picked to be my son, witnessing him taste fully functioning life for the first time ever. It's not hard to endure, it's miraculous and I have a front row seat.
No comments:
Post a Comment