Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Surgery Day +1 - 0830

Since last update they've been pulling more and more things off/out of him.  Right now there are still 17 items attached/inserted.

They did pull the ventilator out around 0500.  He's breathing well.  The respiratory therapist (they're a shifty bunch, can't trust them) came by and checked his O2 saturation without any O2 running.  It hung around 94 which is even better given that he's still shaking off his sedation meds and he's living on pain meds for now.

At about 0820 they pulled the LA line (left atrial pressure, it's a pressure sensing hose that was still inside his heart, google it).

He's been awake a bit more but still sleeps more than anything.  He's clearly being kept comfortable.

Heather's sleeping a bit.  She came a did the second watch last night so I could go get some sleep.  We have a room in the Ronald McDonald house here in the hospital.  The bed was about 18" shorter than me, hard, it was freezing in the room and I didn't have enough blankets but I still woke up sweaty - it was just like being offshore.  And just like being offshore, a good shower made everything right again.

If only I could drink coffee in the CVICU.

1 comment: