Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Surgery Day - 1300

Measurements are complete and Jacob is going to get a cadaver valve put in his heart.  At the time we got the update, the surgeon was closing up the hole in his ventricular septum.  Jacob is stable on the heart/lung machine and doing great.

We were visited by some friends who were nearby and one that works in the medical center.  We were also visited by a couple of our pastors who brought us lunch (which is why this report is a bit delayed).  Today has not really been too difficult however the company was a very welcome distraction and a good chance to visit with some very dear friends.  We are very blessed to have so many people supporting us and praying for us and Jacob.

After our first consultation this morning I started thinking that eventually somebody, maybe even us, would get some bad news...After we finished eating a lady emerged from her consultation in tears and proceeded to sob in the waiting room.  I have no idea what her story is but it's a stark reminder that not everybody's day is going well, not everyone has such a great support network, not everyone has a sure foundation in their life.

1 comment:

  1. I continue tp pray for all of you. Yes I remember seeing the heart aches while at the hosp with Samuel too. We need to be grateful for everyday we are given. I am so pleased to hear Jacob is doing so well. That is encouraging. I know this has been a VERY long day for all of you. I am glad to hear of your wonderful support you have there.

    ReplyDelete