Saturday, December 20, 2014

Nanjing to Chongqing

December 20

Today we traveled from Nanjing to Chongqing.  I saw a documentary recently during which Chongqing China was referred to as "the largest city most Americans have never heard of."  I'd say that's about right.  Here's the high points and the low points for the day.

High: Scott didn't have a blowout on the plane (he's gotten some kind of stomach bug).
Low: Scott did blowout his pants during the car ride from the airport to the hotel.  Heather wrapped him in a changing pad to try and protect the stroller from the poo.
Scott sitting on a changing pad.  A bath followed shortly.

High: We got to reunite with Sonia and meet her parents and grandma.  They took us out for a very nice dinner.
Low: We can't really converse with her parents or grandma.  I didn't mind not being able to converse with people here until there was someone I actually wanted to talk to.  This is frustrating.
Dinner with the Zeng family.
High:  We saw a lady helping her granddaughter pee in a trash can.  Here's the story: We were walking through the mall (it's a nice mall, think Houston Galleria) when we spot a woman shucking some little girl of her pants.  She then grabs the girl by the legs and then quickly carries her over to the nearest trash can where she holds the girl in a squat position while she pees in the trash can.


Low:  We saw a lady helping a little girl pee in a trash can in a shopping mall.

High: The beds here are much softer.
Low: Lora threw up in hers about 4:00 this morning.

High: I'm running out of these.
Low: Scott threw up on himself on the way back from dinner.  Micah and Lauren aren't feeling 100% either.

Every trip like this has some hard days.  Today was a hard day.  I'm hoping Sunday is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment