Thanks again for dinner last night, it was good and Joshua in-particular ate his share.
We showed Joshua around the house and tried to get him to understand that his room is HIS room and that this is home for good. We still can't speak chinese and I'm pretty sure he hasn't mastered english in the last 10 days so I think he's just confused. Overall he seemed to be right at home as soon as we got here. He played with Heather's parents and Lora and generally seemed content.
Couldn't get to bed fast enough. Finally made it happen by about 8:30, everyone feel asleep almost instantly. Joshua woke up crying about 1:00 and never really went back to sleep although we tried for a while. He woke Lora up by 2:00 and we all just gave up shortly after and put a movie on. So now it's 3:20 and we're all up playing and watching a Hallmark Christmas, it's a cheezy remake of The Christmas Carol.
Today we start unpacking and getting back into the swing of things. My priorities include getting the luggage empty, eating at Angela's restaurant, and getting the kids to stay awake as much as possible so they will perhaps sleep tonight.
I hope I'm not commenting too much! I have a Blog myself and truly know how discouraging it can be when it seems no one is reading. So I wanted to be sure and encourage YOU to know that I look forward to each day of reading each of your adventures in bringing a new life to your family!! I really do! And I have been praying too! So HAPPY to hear all is going so well! Bumps will come and go as expected, but blessings as many already seen, will be numerous!
ReplyDeletePLEASE, Micah and Heather, continue to share with us through your Blogging!! It's like we are right there with you in getting to share in this wonderful expierence of new life!!:)
Welcome home!! I have really enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to it each day. I hope you will continue to keep posting so we can follow what God is doing in your lives. Thank you. I love the photos too.
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited you are home! The girls have missed seeing Lora and we can't wait to see you all again.
ReplyDeleteI have absolutely LOVED reading your blog updates and having the opportunity to pray for all of you along the way. Know that those prayers continue and that I love you all so very, very much. Can't wait to see you all again!!!! Love, Alicia
ReplyDeleteNada nuevo qué contar?
ReplyDeletePaciencia mi amigo. Dile a todos en el trabajo me dijo "hola". Echo de menos a todos.
ReplyDelete