Friday, March 15, 2013

No!!!


So in case you're wondering...


  • After dropping poop samples off for the second time (and getting a receipt for the first time), we got the word that Joshua still had a parasite.  New kind of medicine, one MORE round of poop samples and now we have no more parasite.  Heather's tired of taking poop samples.
  • Chinese lessons are going well.  The other family has dropped out b/c their daughter wasn't really paying attention.  So now our tutor plays with Joshua for about an hour and spends 20 minutes or so helping us learn new words and put the ones we do know to good use.  I'm more into it than Heather is, but that's life.
  • English is going well too.  Joshua has understood everything we've said for some time now but now he's talking back to us in english more and more.  I'm trying to delay it as much as possible but it's only a matter of time before he becomes an english-speaker.  For now, he's still a chinese-speaker that speaks some english.
  • He's more like a typical 2 year-old than Lora ever was.  Temper tantrums, "no" "no" "no", whining, crying, stomping, etc...  This is mostly a headache for Heather because I got to work all day.  Such is life.
Otherwise, everything is going fine, all things considered.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you have gotten through the parasite nightmare. Stick with the Chinese, you will reach a point where your increasing vocab will provide motivation to learn more. I was always looking for a place where I could practice what I had learned. The best place I found was at the Chinese foot massage. The ladies ususally speak Mandarin rather than Cantonese and you have their full attentiion for an hour. In the end, your feet feel great, your vocab has been put to work and the gal will be thrilled that you are interested in learning her native language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! So happy to see another Blog update from the Shanks' world!! I always check and read! Keep up the good work of parenting AND Blogging!! :)

    We miss Lora!!!

    ReplyDelete