Tuesday, May 21, 2013

First Time for Everything

It's been almost two months now since my last update.  It's been so long that I can hardly remember where I left off.  I suppose I could re-read my own posts but honestly, who has time for that?

So over the last few months, Joshua has experienced a lot of firsts so I thought I'd document a few:

  • First haircut.  We were going to the wedding of a friend so it was time to tame the mane.
Raawwrrr, I'm a tiger.
Shazzam!!!
  • First beignets.  While in New Orleans for the aforementioned wedding we took in the normal sites which included a mountain of powdered sugar with some deep-fried dough underneath.
Don't eat your hand, it's the only one you have.
  • First cruise.  Before school let out and all the vacation spots fills up we decided, kinda last-minute, to take a cruise.
  • First time to leave the country (and re-enter) as an American.  The cruise took us to Grand Cayman (which is a United Kingdom overseas territory) and to Cozumel (which is in Mexico for the geographically challenged).
  • First interaction with an alien (not a real alien, but a cartoon likeness of an alien creature).
Which one is the alien?
  • First time in a body of water deeper than the bathtub (small clarification for those that are both picky and in the know, Joshua has visited the Gulf of Mexico but he didn't actually get in the water more than 4" deep so I don't count that).  We spent a lot of time in the pool on our cruise but also in the ocean at both ports.  He loved it thoroughly.
SHARK!!!!!
  • First entrepreneurial venture.


No comments:

Post a Comment